Monday, September 6

Finally!









Finally some waves up north.
it was a spur of the moment thing, we hopped on a night bus and woke up at San Juan, La Union

Thanks to a typhoon brewing up in Batanes we had serious waves at La Union last week
although at some points of the day it was too high and strong for comfort induced with heavy rain courtesy of the storm.
I had a really really seriously bad set, i think am getting a La Union disaster spell - my last two trips here were not as good as usual.
I've been lately spoiled by the gradual intensity of waves in Bagasbas Daet, and the great pull of my kite in Boracay, so i was a bit surprised by the LU waves which i haven't been riding for years.



My board hit my face and gave me a pretty scar that looks like a big cold sore.

Still i had so much fun which should always be the end goal of any trip!!
nice to see some old friends and meet new ones.




Photos courtesy of Dane


No comments: