Wednesday, February 27

Loving Indonesia

Indonesia was ammmmazing!
In the beginning everyone thought that the wind would be light so we brought our big kites in my case that is a 9m, and i had Dirk, our Sales Manager from BEST kiteboarding bring me a 12 m which i never really got to use since it was blowing like crazy that i actually needed my 7m.

I was so stoked that there were 23 girls that joined both freestyle and racing and not counting those girls that came in for the weekend to join.



It was a good show and a good place to hang out and kite.
On the first day i went with the KTA crew to a spot just bit upwind of the competition area for a nice kicker session and a little downwinder to the competition area which was fun as i got to see some small islands along the way. I also almost ran into som SUPers which was really funny. hihihihi


The Rest of the days were so windy so we ended up with so many races and was even able to complete the doubles. 
During one of the races i saw a sea turtle and a huge tuna while waiting for our start.
This was really cool. these experiences are those that make me go to these events and at the same time build some confidence in my riding skills.


While the rest of the competitors rested after the races i did enjoy the spot more by just riding over the reef and surf a little. And i must admit it was a bit too shallow but altogether fun as the direction of the wind which was side off shore was on a perfect angle to attack these baby play waves( at that time).


me and my teammate victoria was sharing a room, and we had tons of fun chatting and doing funny girly stuff.
On the last day, we did a little photo shoot with Alexandru in this nice resort/restaurant on wooden stilts that is over the water.

I finished at 9th on freestyle and 5th on race on my first international event of my season which is for me already a good result considering my riding experience compared to the rest 

--
Am still a rookie at this sport and loving every moment of it.
check out the videos from the 5 amazing days at Bintan courtesy of Kiteboard Tour Asia

I hope you guys are enjoying watching and reading about this as much as i do love sharing it with all of you

peace,love and good vibrations X
Paula



Day 1



Day2


Day3


Day 4



Day 5


No comments: